Sunday, December 2, 2012

2 - Lights

So, I had completely talked myself out of doing Christmas decorations this year...including no tree! Which is just crazy for me! I justified this by the thinking that I 'deserved' the break after all the recent wedding planning...I'm tired and honestly just not in the Christmas mood...yet. I even considered just getting a small tree for the center of the table or something so I wouldn't feel completely 'scrooge-y'. I know it's our first married Christmas and all but we won't be home for Christmas...and nobody was really going to see it except us. AND next year would be bigger and better in our NEW HOUSE (once we ever find time to actually start really looking for one). So, those were my excuses. 

Until....I get a call from Brandon on Friday afternoon suggesting we have a dinner party for his sales team and their spouses. Ugh. There goes my brilliant idea. Don't get me wrong, I love to entertain...and I love that he wants to entertain them all here. But that means I have to decorate. So, here we go. After putting it off all weekend, we finally make ourselves get it all down from the attic...getting started is the hardest part. 

Tree is up...Lights are on! Now...how much more effort do I have to give....hmmmmm...

Oh...Holy Ornaments!!

Go big or Go home...and there's Brandon putting up the very last ornament. Thanks for all that help babe!! :)

Done! Pretty Christmas Lights!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Don't forget to go buy your first "married" ornament...... Some people think that's stupid but mine is one of my favs now. Merry Christmas!

Betty said...

Don't worry Miranda. I have already given them their first ornament with their names on it!I'm sure Kellie will have them buying their own too!