This was tough for me, hence my delay in posting. I almost just skipped it...ahh, the pressure in only ONE word! For the sake of not being lame, my chosen word is patience.
Patience, not because I'm any good at it, but because it is a constant thought/struggle/goal of mine. Patience is required on a daily basis in some manner. I strive for patience in many ways:
-Patience with the dumb people that work in our accounting center and make my job a nightmare at times...lately more often than it should.
-Patience with my life and where I think it should be versus where God has planned for it to be. He constantly proves to me why His way is better, so I'm in constant acknowledgement that I should trust and wait for His 'perfect timing'.
-Patience with my family when they may not 'get' something that I explain through a text or phone conversation. Sometimes, just maybe, I am not as clear in my explanation of things as I think I am.
-Patience with my friends when they help guide or direct me in a way that is only through the best of intentions. It may not always be the way I had initially planned, but more times than not, their way may be a better way or an unbiased interpretation that I should listen to.
-Patience with Brandon as we develop an amazing relationship more and more every day. God made men and women very different for a reason, sometimes I need to take a step back and keep my patience as we work through those differences.
-Patience with my constant attempt at weight loss. I know I'm healthy and in decent shape. I need to understand that I'm no longer in my 'younger' years and have teenage hips...and never will I again. I need to believe Brandon when he constantly reminds me that he thinks I'm beautiful and he loves me for me.
Patience is a daily goal of mine. My life is absolutely amazing. I am blessed beyond imagination with a multitude of things to be grateful for...a good job, friends and family that I wouldn't trade for anything, a boyfriend that treats me like the #1 priority, and a healthy lifestyle.
The right words...
7 months ago
1 comment:
In your defense, you have "no patience" in your DNA. I am very proud of you that you are getting much better. (Thanks Brandon!)
Post a Comment