Friday, December 23, 2011

A few of my favorite things…

From Amy. Amy gave Angie and I gifts yesterday at our ‘last hooray before Christmas’ as Amy referred to it. Angie and I prefer to think of it as our last beat down…our little reminder that Amy will be ‘watching’ us through the holidays…the reminder being the soreness felt with every slight movement made. Oh, how I hurt today.

Amy is super, super creative. She’s always finding new fun stuff to do with her girls whether it’s planning a birthday party, making school party favors/snacks, a new hairdo or a fun activity at home…but it’s all pretty much handmade and ALWAYS super cute. So, this year, we weren’t surprised by the creative gift she came up with for us…also another ‘reminder’ to eat clean and healthy…and that she’s always with us in spirit. See below for pics.





 Chili packed with all the nutrients we need...low cal, low fat, high protein, high fiber. Excellent quick and easy dinner...and 1/2 can at a time, Amy approved. Oh but you can add some fat free feta cheese to make it even better. I asked if I could add some water to help it to fill me up. Ha!


 In case you are in need of a light snack, something 'not healthy'...this is a perfect soloution, healthy, yet not too healthy...Amy approved.


 Her favorite running socks...think these will help me wake up one Sunday morning and think to myself, "Hmmm, I feel like running a 1/2 marathon today. I think I'll just head down to White Rock Lake and enter myself into the race!"? I think not. But, it worked for Amy.


Mmmmm, chocolate...flown straight from Belgium, especially for us. How nice. According to Amy, this is the best chocolate in the world. Now it may seem like she's allowing 'one big splurge' but no...we had strict instructions that this single bar of chocolate should last us at least 6 months. One little bite at a time. That's all you need. (I'm thinking I'll open it in 5 months, 3 weeks and 2 days...eat all but one bite as my pre-workout breakfast...and then show her how long it lasted! Go me!)




I want to be Amy when I grow up. I want to have the body like Amy. I want to run like Amy. I want to have the clean eating habits (and self control) of Amy. But, let’s face it…that’s a long road to go for me so maybe I’ll stick to what I know. :)



2 comments:

M said...

OMG! Cracking up! If you wait 5 months, 3 weeks, and 6 days, I'll help you take care of that chocolate (because I'm a good friend like that!)

So happy you're blogging!!!

Lisa said...

ha! what a great idea! (both waiting 5 months to eat, and the Amy's favorite things basket). love it!