Nov/Dec 2010
• Not technically 2011, but a couple of things worth mentioning…First, Costa Rica. Ahhh, Costa Rica. It was fabulous. Such a gorgeous country with so many activities to enjoy. Kathy, Amber and I took a girls trip for 8 wonderful days. We ate some of the most amazing food I’ve ever had…actually we gorged…and gained a few lbs…but it was AMAZING. We had massages, we went zip lining, we hiked the Arenal Volcano, we spent an evening soaking in the Tabacon Hot Springs, we went white water rafting, we walked on the beach, we read several books by the pool…and we ate A LOT.
- Secondly, Lisa finally convinced me to join match.com. I was only on it for a few months, but highly recommend it. It’s a great place to ‘meet’ people and weed them out before the actual, awkward first date. It has its flaws but overall, it has great potential. I have some great stories out of it for sure…including the new words ass-tastic and blowski, as well as, about 15 offers of steak and wine from the same guy in his 50s that just couldn’t get the hint. A couple of my women’s bible study nights ended with my match profile on the big screen and the entertainment of some guys and their emails/comments/profiles. Good times.
• Aggies make it to the Cotton Bowl! All the Aggies gather at Lisa’s for a game watching party and dinner. Fun!
• Dallas gets snow…and lots of it! And I ‘borrow’ a cute kiddo to play with me in it!
February
• Cirque de Soléis comes to Frisco!
March
• Angie and Ron get married!!
• Megan turns 10 and we have her party in Dallas at the park with the Andersons and Lyles!
April
• Granny turns 80!
• Easter Potluck dinner at my house…and Brandon Woods walks in my front door, not knowing anyone, but confidently meets part of my group of friends with no knowledge of what the future held for him. :)
May
• Lisa, Mica and I take our mom’s on our annual NYC trip…Mother/Daughter trip of a lifetime! We shopped, we ate, we negotiated, we walked, we ate, we laughed, we hit all the touristy spots, we ate, we went to a broadway show, we met all the ‘plastic’ stars, WE MADE MEMORIES…and we ate some more!!
June
• Megan’s 1st dance recital
• Lisa announced her 4th pregnancy…what will it be this time!? He...or she...
• Fabulous (free) trip to Hawaii – Ritz Carlton, zip lining, shopping, food, wine, catamaran and snorkeling tour, helicopter tour over Maui, beaches, tried ahi tuna for the first time and fell in love with it…yum!!
July
• Annual summer week with Megan in Dallas – pool parties, girlie dinners, cookie making, aquariums, girls only sleepovers, train rides, mani/pedis and photo shoots…so much fun!!August
• Finally bought my Mac. Love.It.
• Kathy’s Baby Shower!
• 8/14/2011 – First real date with Brandon. Hadn’t seen or heard his name since Easter. He pops up on my facebook in a tagged picture with a mutual friend. I see it, send him a friend request…and he immediately starts a conversation and asks me out on a date! We start dating exclusively right after that! And I'm a big fan :)
• Annual River Trip – Malpractice/Doctors & Nurses Theme
• Begin seeing the acupuncturist (aka Dr Voodoo) for my sleep issues…doesn’t do much for me over the next couple of months so I quit
September
• 7 day Cruise in the Caribbean with Jill, Bruce and Shane. Jamaica – catamaran and snorkel tour. Grand Cayman – Swimming with the Dolphins and Stingrays. Cozumel – laying on the beach/swimming in the ocean
• Lisa’s big gender reveal party…IT’S A BOY!!
October
• Celebrate Bama’s birthday in College Station. Aggies beat Baylor!
• Mom FINALLY gets to skydive. Her lifelong dream! And she loved it!
• Rangers make it to the playoffs and Brandon and I get to go the final game at the Ballpark. Such a cool event to be at!
November
• Harper is born! Such a beautiful, sweet blessing!
• Twilight – Breaking Dawn: Part 1 – I saw it twice in one week. Once with Ang and once with Mom. So good! Can’t wait for the next one!
December
• Jury Duty – First assignment, not one of the 12 jurors selected but it took about 12 hours before I knew that. No Fun!
• Minute to Win It game night at Lisa’s house – Mica, Lisa, Kathy, Amber and all of our guys! Good times!
Brandon and I win!!
• Telluride Ski Trip with Brandon, Amber and John – Gorgeous views, fantastic food and fabulous friends! 2 days of skiing and 1 day of snowmobiling, lots of eating, happy hours, walking the town, riding the gondola and…AMBER AND JOHN GOT ENGAGED!! Absolutely amazing setting…top of the mountain at sunset and a stunning diamond ring!! So exciting!!


























2 comments:
What a awesome start to blogging! You go girl. I'm so excited. Needless to say one of your friends (LL) doesn't blog very often. Now I will have a extra blog to read every single day. You can do it!
I love this blog. I need to copy this year in review blog idea, when I have time. Ahem! (BW) :)
Post a Comment