Monday, June 11, 2012

Eight: Bad Habit

I probably have a lot of really bad habits but one that comes to mind is my inability to slow my life down. I know that I could say 'no' more often and stay at home but I struggle with it. I have a lot of friends and I love to see them...and I get myself booked up quickly! I'm so much better than I used to be but I still struggle with it. Now that I have Brandon in my life, it's not all about 'just me' anymore...but I know I drive him crazy sometimes keeping us so B.U.S.Y. Don't get me wrong, that boy loves to be on the go! He never sits still but the difference between us is that I'll have us booked up several weekends in advance...whereas he likes to book last minute. We are both trying to adjust to each other's schedules but we started an online google calendar so that we can both add events/plans to it and the other one always knows what is going on. I highly recommend it! I have even gone through and put in weekend blocks of 'NO PLANS'...at least one per month. Those are his to book last minute if he wants to! :)

And now, especially with all the wedding planning...everything else must SLOW down. I need to keep my stress levels in check...and make sure that I enjoy this planning process! =)

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Ooh I love that calendar idea! We are always planning things on top of each other. Especially during the summer.
Living together and marriage is a huge adjustment. Then you throw a kid or 2 in that mix and it really makes thing fun. We have been married 6 years now and I find out new/different stuff all the time. LOL

Mom said...

You certainly need to slow down and smell the roses more! You are too young to be so stressed. Just say NO.