Thursday, June 14, 2012

Brothers of the Sun Concert

I posted previously (here) about this concert and the time finally came! My mom came up for wedding venue shopping on Friday and Saturday, her, Brandon and I went to the Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw concert. I don't know many of Kenny's song (although Brandon knew every single word to every single song and my mom knew all but about 3) but I do LOVE Tim McGraw. We all had a fantastic time. Jake Owen and some random chic, Grace Potter, also sang so it made for a very long day in the stadium but worth every minute to see how happy it made my mom!!

Funny story, my mom was dying to buy something with Kenny's name and/or pic on it. We went up to the lines...holy long!! Oh my, it would have taken an hour or more to stand in that line. We were standing talking about what we were going to do, when this 'security' lady overheard us and offered to put my mom in a wheelchair and roll her right up to the front of the line. Ha! My mom being the 'Honest Abe' that she is almost refused but Brandon and I were like, HECK YES, she will totally play along. 10 min later, they come back with loot in hand....and one happy momma!

Tim McGraw - what a cutie!

Kenny Chesney - not so bad himself :)

But the best looking of them all...my future hubby...and my amazing mom! We had a blast!


4 comments:

Mom said...

Yes we did have fun. It was amazing. I cannot begin to thank you enough. I was so excited that Brandon likes Kenny and much as I do. We will have to make this a yearly ritual! I'll pay for my own next time!

~Shelly~ said...

That cracks me up!! I know what u mean about those lines! We went to the George/Reba kick off concert there & it was NUTS! I got a shirt but Jeffrey stood in line for an hour. Glad yall had fun!

the hoang family said...

What a nice gesture from the security guard! When I first saw the picture, I was like "oh gosh, I wonder what happened to kellie's mom!"

Lisa said...

That is hilarious. I stopped reading the blog and sat and pondered what happened to Betty? I had just seen her? Did kellie tell me about something and I just forgot? Then I kept reading to realize you guys are just schemers. Haha!!!