Weight loss is a constant battle with me...I do love girl scout cookies and I'd prefer to never work out! But I can see the 'light' at the end of the tunnel!
I love to travel. Last year, in about a 12 month span, I took quite a few trip...and yes, I enjoyed every single minute. I spoiled myself and it was worth every dollar I spent (or didn't spend on some of them) and every calorie I consumed! Costa Rica, NYC, Hawaii, Carribean Cruise...all phenomenal vacations. And even more so, phenomenal food. This girl can eat...and I did...A LOT. I also gained quite a few LB's in the process. I grew out of most of my pants last year at various times and have struggled to get the 15lbs off that I gained 'first' in Costa Rica. I may go down 5-7 and then back up 5-7 and then back down and then back up...you get the painful and frustrating picture. Anyway, my last post was about the 10 day cleanse, but in addition to that, Mica challenged several of us to start an 8 week challenge. And I'm in...all in. Monday, 4/2...game on. I may not be able to 'win' the competition, but I can certainly give the other girls a run for their money. It's such a cool competition that awards you points for all of these 'good' activities during the day, every day...working out, not eating after 9pm, no sweets 6 days/week, drinking water, eating fruits and veggies, etc. You also get points for pounds lost (from your lowest weight...so there's no up and down points awarded). It's a way to develop great 'habits'...most of which I'm already doing, but hopefully will hold me accountable now that I have to report every week the number of points I've earned and lbs lost. And it just so happens that Bama's wedding in Cabo is exactly 8 weeks away...so perfect timing!
Here's the link to the competition and a printable form if you want to start your own challenge with someone!
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/01/8-week-printable-weight-loss-get.html

1 comment:
Poor thing. All that traveling, eating and drinking! Some of us gain weight because all we do is work!
Post a Comment