Friday, March 9, 2012

Day Eight: Your Sky

Warning: Mom, if Day 7 made you cry, you should stop reading NOW.

So this one is a tough one to be creative with when your 'view' is very lame in the middle of your 4 wall cube...booooring. And honestly right now, when I think of sky, I think of heaven and then I think of my Granny. I think of and miss my Granny every single day. It's such a tough transition to make with death. I didn't see her or talk to her everyday, but the thought of her not being a phone call away any time I want is tough. I have been working on her taxes and I'm used to calling her throughout that process with various questions because she inevitably forgot to send something I needed...I can't call her. I look in my personal email box and see her her name on multiple emails that I never read but also never deleted. She used to send TONS of junk emails that weren't always that funny but she liked to forward them on. I kept thinking, I'll get to it one day...I never did and now, I can't let myself delete them...I will never get another one from her and that's tough to swallow. In order to keep myself from completely losing it right now, I'm going to end this blog...with the thought that My sky is my Granny.

My granny almost one year ago, her 80th birthday party/Easter weekend 2011.


Christmas 2011, about 2 weeks before she passed away.


5 comments:

Lisa said...

oh wow kel. that brought tears to my eyes. but how neat that your "sky" is your granny. I love that. what a great tribute to her that she was such a large part of your life.

on a sidenote, this is such a neat project to see how the daily word/phrase sparks such a different set of emotions between us all.

the hoang family said...

Loved it.

Kim said...

sniff sniff!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

Stop!!! I can't say you didn't warn me, but I am sobbing! So beautifully said.

On a lighter note, I sort of hope you think of her looking down on you in an awkward moment. The thought cracks me up!