Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things about me

So, there was a silly survey going around on Facebook that I completed so I thought I would post it on here...and get you all off my back for a bit...that is if you even check my blog anymore for updates! :)

1) My 7 year old niece megan is the light of my life. We have an amazing bond that I hope we maintain as she grows older. My goal in her life is to be the most amazing role model that I can possibly be.

2) I am blessed with amazing parents. My mother is one of my best friends and we talk every single day…at least once. My father is one of the hardest working men I know. He can make or fix absolutely anything you need him to.

3) I met my two very best friends in college and their loyalty amazes me. I hope one day that I can be the kind of wife and mother that they are to their families. I hope that the three of us never take for granted the relationship that we have built over the past 7 years. We have no secrets…well, maybe one!

4) I am a Christian and I believe Jesus died for my sins…I have met some amazing people at church, bible studies and Christian sports leagues in Dallas.

5) I am now officially a designer jean snob. I resisted the temptation to ever even try them on b/c I didn’t want to fall in love…I have officially fallen in love.

6) I am cheap, cheap, cheap. I love to shop, but I shop cheap! I rarely buy anything named brand (except for jeans now of course!)…one of my favorite annual vacations is on a girls trip to NYC where we buy everything ‘fake’ that they make!

7) One of my biggest pet peeves is being late. I can’t stand being late and if I’m not 10 minutes early, I’m late. (on the other side of this…I hate waiting on others just as much…)

8) I have been skydiving 3 times and absolutely love it!

9) I love reality tv shows…well, let’s face it, I really like tv in general and have way too many things recording on my dvr right now. It stresses me out to have more than a couple of shows saved to watch at a time.

10) I am a busy girl. I love to make plans ahead of time…probably too far in advance. Those of you that know me well, know my schedule is filled up weeks in advance! If you want to make plans with me, you must get on my calendar quickly!

11) I am weird about making my bed and straightening my room in the mornings. My bed is made within 30 minutes after I’m up every single day.

12) No matter what time I go to bed at night, I am awake between 5AM and 6AM every single day. I can go to bed at 10PM and I’m up…I can go to bed at 2AM and I’m still up by then. It sucks, but I don’t have to worry about forgetting to set my alarm clock!

13) I have some awesome ‘single’ friends. Some of my favorite memories in Dallas are with some of my favorite people that I met after moving to Dallas. We make plans and lots of them! Wakeboarding, movies, dancing, volleyball, dinner, pacman, sporting events…we do it all!

14) I love to be outside, especially when it’s a beautiful texas day! I love to wakeboard, I love to snow ski, I love to play sand volleyball, I love to go for a walk or a run…anything to just enjoy the fresh air!

15) I am addicted to my chapstick…I have one kind I realy like and I have them stashed everywhere, purses, desk, dresser, back pocket.

16) I love to travel. My annual trips include a girls trip to NYC, a beach trip either to Destin or Mexico (or really any beach!), somewhere in the mountains to go snow skiing. I try to squeeze in a trip somewhere new around those as well!

17) I lived with 3 other girls throughout college and we had an amazing relationship… not one fight or argument in the 3 years we were together. Two of them are still very close friends of mine and we continue to make time for girls trips, girls weekends and girls dinners regularly.

18) If there are two things that I officially can’t stop eating once I start…it’s Girl Scout Cookies (the Trefoils specifically) and the sweet and salty almond bars…oh my! I don’t allow myself to purchase the almond bars anymore b/c I can eat the entire box at once…and fortunately girl scout cookies only come around once/year (and my ‘dealer’ is at work, so I am a little embarrassed to order too many from him at once!)

19) I love to buy for and give to others. I love to do things for others…if it makes them happy, it makes me happy.

20) I have a really hard time saying no. If you ask me to do something for you or go somewhere or buy you something (my brother! J), even if I don’t want to, most likely I will not say no! This gets me into trouble or just overcommitted occasionally but I will never stop. I love to see my friends and family happy!

21) I am terrible at telling a lie…don’t get me wrong, I’ve squeezed out a few white lies or two in my time, but typically,if I don’t start laughing, you can see right thru me.

22) I love to read but every time I get in the bed to read at night, I make it about 10 min and start falling asleep…it takes me forever to finish a book!

23) I love cologne and baseball caps on guys…wear either of them and it will add a couple of points to your scale…wear them both and I’m sold!

24) I am addicted to my iPhone. It makes me to accessible to checking work email occasionally but the phone is just so stink’n cool!

25) Wow…I’m stumped…I don’t have a 25th random thing! Ummm….I love sushi! Some people argue with me on this b/c I really only eat California rolls…or any variety of a Cali roll with crab meat. I don’t eat anything raw…I don’t eat shrimp…so that limits me quite a bit!

Whew…that was tough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that u have the most amazing hairdresser EVER!!!!