Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful: Dad

I am thankful for my Daddy. Even though we are so much alike…and tend to butt heads occasionally…he has been an amazing role model for so many things. Some of my favorites are:

-We work hard. He taught me what hard work is all about. We don’t call in sick to school or work. We earn our keep!


-We keep our word. If we say we are going to do something, we do it. No questions asked.

-We save money. I learned early on that credit card debt is not okay and not to spend more than you can pay immediately. Always max out your savings/401k.

-We are tough. I grew up with the boys and I learned how to hold my own against those boys.

-We are on time. I am rarely late. I annoyingly expect everyone else to be on time as well. It’s a habit that was drilled into me my entire life. “if you aren’t at least 5 minutes early , then you are late.”



My daddy is one of my biggest fans. He always has been. He loves his little girl. He set amazingly high standards for me as a person and I strived to always meet them. He unknowingly set those high standards for the man I wanted to marry as well. I knew that I’d never be happy in life without a man that could work hard, be tough, put me in my place when I needed it, could be counted on and yes…is on time. God brought me the perfect match in all of those qualities…and more than I could have imagined. I am thankful that my Father taught me what to look for…and most importantly wait for.





6 comments:

Mom said...

Two peas in a pod!

Lisa Lyle said...

love that picture! your dad loved that gift!

~Shelly~ said...

I have tears :*) He really was/is a great daddy to yall! I remember how caring & sweet he always was to us! I love that hankie you gave him, thats such a good idea! My friend did the same thing at her wedding~ I had tears reading those too!

Fun Kellie said...

Your dad's words at your wedding will bring a smile to my face for years to come!

M said...

Umm...I'm not Fun Kellie. I'm Fun Mica. What the what?!

M said...

Umm...I'm not Fun Kellie. I'm Fun Mica. What the what?!