June 10th...my BIRTHDAY!! I do love me some birthdays and although this year I decided I would not celebrate 'big' or go all out for a month...Brandon and my friends decided otherwise! And I've loved every minute of it! I haven't decided if I like 'secrets' among those closest to me or not...but some secrets pay off in the end. :) Brandon contacted Kathy a couple of months ago to 'book me' for dinner, a small couples dinner with her and Matt and Bama and John. Little did I know, they had all schemed to get me to a specific Mexican restaurant near Brandon's house at 7ish on Friday night. Brandon then had to make a quick stop at his house on the way "because something was in his eye and he needed to put his glasses on"...then he needed me to "come inside to help pour some eye drops in his eye". What?! Being the 'go with the flow' kinda gal that I am (or at least try HARD to be most of the time!)...I went with it. And as I walk in, his house was fully decorated in pink Hawaiian themed decor and 30 of my closest friends yell 'Suprise'! So fun! His roommate had the grill going making burgers, hot dogs and chicken for everyone for dinner, Kathy made all of her yummy dips and cupcakes for dessert (red velvet, chocolate and strawberry!) Yum!! My besties from Waco, Keith and Jamie even showed up which was a huge surprise!! I am so thankful for an amazing finance and best friends...even if they keep secrets from me occasionally! ha!
Kathy and Matt took all of the pics that night and I haven't had a chance to get them from her... so for now, here are just a few that I stole from her blog!
Special thanks to Kathy for all the chips/dips/cupcakes...and huge candles!
Brandon 'taped' the hawaiian skirt on the table with athletic tape...priceless!
Uhhh-Mazing. Friends.



2 comments:
Brandon was totally BEAMING and grinning from ear-to-ear waiting for that surprise! He was so excited for you!! You definitely snatched you up a winner for sure (and no doubt, he knows how to celebrate KELLIE'S BIRTHDAY!!!). Woo-hoo!!!
fabulous!
Post a Comment