Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Two: Skyline

Last weekend, was a busy weekend for me. April is a quarter close month which means I have to work most of the weekend (1/2 day Saturday and all day Sunday). Saturday morning started about 6:30am so that I could get online and get my stuff done in order to make it to Drew's 2nd birthday bash at the zoo at 10:30 (shout out to the Anderson's for a great party as always!!). I love the zoo. I've never been to the Dallas zoo so I was very excited to go...although I did not make it to my favorite section (the African safari area...I love giraffes, zebras, lions, elephants...and I have no idea why but they fascinate me) but I got to spend plenty of time in the Reptile area (shout out to the Lyle boys and their fascinations!) which happens to be Brandon's favorite as well. Who knew?! 

We decided to leave around 2ish, grab some lunch and head to Kathy's house. Matt and Kathy were out of town most of the week and weekend so I 'offered' to pool sit for them! :) This white girl needs a tan. We head to Cabo in 3 weeks (#notswimsuitready) so we decided to lay out in the pool and soak up some rays. Yes, I used sunscreen and no Mica, no oil...for now. It was AWESOME. Kathy's backyard is absolutely perfect. We spent the afternoon floating in the pool, enjoying life and each other and working on our tan. It was so relaxing. The evening was beautiful so we decided stay and make dinner on the grill. We hit up Central Market and an hour later we were making all kinds of yummy goodness...red snapper topped with fresh crabmeat, grilled veggies, spinach dip and one of our favorite bottles of red wine. It was amazing. I took this picture of our meal and our view as we sat outside, enjoying our 'skyline' for the evening. Big thanks to Matt and Kathy for letting us enjoy some pool time and have a perfect Saturday night during a crazy busy week.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

yum! that dinner looks so good.

Mom said...

I wish I had a nice friend like that. I know you needed it so thanks Kathy and Matt!