Tuesday, December 4, 2012

4 - Shopping

I love to shop. I shop cheaply so that I can shop a lot. I haven't been in the mood to shop much lately...for one, I'm trying to get myself on a budget and two, it's not as much fun to buy clothes when NOTHING fits. I digress. The few times I've gone out the past few weeks, the stores have been crazy busy with people everywhere. It's just that time of year. Well, let's take those crazy packed stores and add in 4 small kiddos. Who doesn't think that sounds like a Friday night to be jealous of!? Be Jealous. Be Very Jealous. 

Brandon and I spent last Friday night with the 4 Lyle boys...at Walmart. We were on our honeymoon and missed their bday party this year so we had to make up for that! And honestly it's become our tradition...I take the boys shopping to pick out their gift and Jeff and Lis get a date night (not sure who benefits more by this, a freebie date night for them or pure laziness on my part to not have to pick out a gift). We started this tradition when there were only 2...who would have thought I'd be keeping this tradition going with FOUR. Ha!! I kid, I kid. It's my choice and I absolutely LOVE my time with these sweet boys. Lisa warned me and asked me not to take on all 4...but I wanted to! They are so good and we have so much fun...and besides that, I'm married now which means I have 2 more hands to help! 

On a side note, picture this. On our way in, we find a little purse with money in it. So, Brandon takes it to customer service while I take the kids and start walking towards the toy aisles. Well, right now my knee/leg is completely jacked up and I struggle to walk at times (long story...and yes, I'm working on getting it fixed). I'm carrying Blake in my arms, pushing the cart with the carrier and Nathan in it, while the two older boys are walking in front of the cart. So, I'm limping, carrying a kid, pushing a cart with another kid and telling two more kids in front of me to slow down and wait for me. It seriously felt like I was one of the 'People of Walmart'. I had several older ladies pass me with THAT look...part feeling sorry for me and part wanting to tell me about birth control. Anyway, needless to say, I just smiled at them and chuckled to myself. 

We got our toys, we bought some cookies for dessert and after the little ones went to bed Hayden, Davis, Brandon and I watched one of Brandon's fav movies...Elf! We had so much fun with them and as always they were so well behaved. Lisa and Jeff have done an amazing job teaching those boys good manners! We will take them to the store any time!!

 Yummy Pizza for dinner and Christmas tree cookies for dessert!

Watching the movie...and sneaking another cookie!

And of course don't forget Angel, if there's a dog around, Brandon will be playing with it! 

3 comments:

Betty said...

Taking four kids to Walmart is very good birth control! Which I do not like! lol. But these four are the best boys I have ever seen. Poor Brandon. He really, really needs a little puppy for Christmas! Hint.

~Shelly~ said...

You are so sweet to do that! I LOATHE taking both my girls to any store! Besides, its a mini vacation when I get to grocery shop alone! So yes, kudos to you!!

Lisa Lyle said...

Jeff and I LOVE this tradition!

Good job keeping all of them alive that night. We had a blast!