One Tough Mudder!
A couple of weeks ago, Brandon and his roommate signed up for and completed a race called the Tough Mudder...absolute insanity! It is a hardcore 12 miles of obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to "test your all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie". It's craziness. Brandon loves to challenge himself like this and this was the ultimate test for his endurance...and he surpassed and LOVED it. You should google it and watch the videos but the obstacles include stuff like electrical wires hanging down that you have to run through not knowing which ones are live and which aren't (Brandon hit one and before he knew what had happend, he was lying face first in the mud)...run through huge dumpster type things full of ice up to your waist that you have to wade through and then dive down to get under large obstruction in your way to get to the other side to climb out (Brandon said he was completely numb and it took him a few minutes to be able to breathe normally again)...run through fire pits, over hay bales...15-20 obstacles of this type of pain. Uhm, no thanks. Proud of my boy...but I'll watch from the sidelines!!
I didn't get to go to this one because I had to work the day he did it...but we did get one pic emailed to us from the race photographers. Crazy kid!!
1 comment:
That picture cracks me up! Way to go, Brandon. Kel, we should totally do that...and by that, I mean watch from the sidelines.
Post a Comment