I love Brandon Woods. I have waited a long time to know what the feeling of finding ‘the one’ truly feels like. I have dated on and off quite a bit throughout the past 15+ years…some only one date, some a few months and some a few years…but I have never felt about any of them like I feel about Brandon . The best word to describe our relationship is EASY. Things are just so easy between us and have been from the first date. There have been no games, no question as to “will he call again?”… “is it too early to text him or call him? is it my turn or his turn?”… “when will our next date be?” Throughout the years, I’ve watched all of my close friends find their guy, get married and start having a family of their own. At times, I struggled with that, thinking, “when is it my turn?” I’ve shed many tears and I’ve had many long talks with my girls being assured that my time would come. Patience is not my strong suit. As a single girl in her 30’s, some days were rougher than others but overall, I can honestly say, I was happy. I had an amazing life. More friends than I could keep up with. My life included tons of fun single activities sports, church, hometeams, girls nights, birthday parties galore, vacations, dinners, shopping for myself…amazing bonds with my friend’s kids….a supportive family…I bought my own house…I have an awesome career…no credit card debt…a nice savings…I am proud of my independence. And I wouldn’t trade any of that for anything. Don’t get me wrong, I want a family and my own kids BADLY, but I had a life and experiences that many people long for. I had…have an amazing life. And it just keeps getting better.
One of my favorite quotes from the pastor at my church is, “Worry is a faithless waste of time”. I won’t pretend that I never worry. Unfortunately I have inherited the quality of making worry an art from my mom! But, deep down I knew God has perfect timing. God would provide me exactly what I needed when it was the right time. And I feel like he did EXACTLY that. I feel like everything happens for a reason and as each of those past relationships ended; I tried to learn something from them. I tried to put into perspective precisely what God was trying to teach me in those periods of my life and how I was to apply it to my future. I feel like I am a better friend, a better girlfriend and will be a better wife because of my past learnings.
Brandon and I have been dating for 7 months and I knew after a very short time that I would marry this guy. He is amazing. We have so much fun together. He’s exactly what I was waiting for. He treats me like I am his biggest priority. He puts my feelings first. He goes above and beyond to always make me feel special. He is a leader and exactly what I want in a Godly man. We are both on the go and love to stay active. We run together, we play volleyball together, we go to church together, we have intimate conversations about the future together…and most importantly we laugh together. We’ve had tense moments but always come out stronger. I am one very blessed girl and I couldn’t be happier. The best thing about it all is that I had NO IDEA a relationship with a guy could be this amazing. I LOVE Brandon Woods and can’t wait for the day that I carry his last name and show the world exactly how different ‘this guy’ is from all the others.
and he is perfect...perfect for me.
6 comments:
What a beautiful blog. I am so happy for you!
Ditto, Betty!
I love that quote, too. Practicing patience isn't easy - that's why it's called a virtue, I guess, but the outcome is well worth the wait!
I love Brandon Woods, too. Not in a weird way. In a way that I'm so thankful that he's such a great guy for my great friend!
I Love that you love Brandon!
You have waited so long to find him. You deserve true happiness. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you two!
So awesome! And ditto Lisa! I love that you love Brandon!
I am so happy for you. And love is exactly what you said it is.... Easy!
So when is the big day?? I was all excited about you ending this post.... "I'm ENGAGED." ;)
Can't wait for that one.
SO EXCITED you found such an awesome guy for YOU! God knew what He was doing all along :)
Post a Comment