Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day Ten: Childhood

My childhood best friends came to town this past weekend and spent the night with all 3 of their kiddos. Jamie and I have been best friends since grade school and our stories go WAAAY back. We have some amazing memories together growing up, from slumber parties, 'girls club' with matching outfits (mocking the babysitters club books that we loved), tea shop waitressing jobs, homecomings, boy troubles, proms...and some 'unmentionables' that aren't for the 'public eye'. Ha! Jamie and I became friends in 1st grade when one of our mutual friends (Amy) basically 'forced' it upon us on the playground. Jamie was planning her birthday party and Amy told Jamie that if she didn't invite me, Amy wouldn't be in attendance herself. So, Jamie said, sure she can come. And that was the beginning of our friendship. Jamie and I may not see each other or talk as often as we'd like but when we do get together, we have so much in common and share so many laughs together every time! This past weekend was no different...we just have 3 kids arguing playing in the background now!

Jamie has one daughter, Kinley and oh my goodness, if any child was their mother made over, this would be the child. Kinley is absolutely adorable and has a mind of her own! She looks exactly like Jamie did as a child. She acts exactly like Jamie did as a child...she is one head strong little gal! It cracks me up to listen to her boss her brothers around...and reminds me exactly of her momma (and perhaps me!!) So fun!! Jamie wouldn't let me take her picture as my childhood memory...so I took a pic of Kinley who is absolutely the image of her momma...and my childhood!



1 comment:

~Shelly~ said...

Did I ever tell u I named my Kinley after her? Hehe! I had Colton when he was 2 at ACL.. and Jamie was pg with Kinley.. she told us the name and I knew it would be my daughters name someday!