Thursday, February 9, 2012

Water Bottles...oh my!

Brandon and I have a ton of fun together. We have a lot in common and get along really well. But…yes, but…there are a few differences that drive me a bit crazy (but only in a ‘he’s an amazing boyfriend’ kind of way!) Anyway, I’m sure I’ll have plenty to call him out on in the future but this blog revolves around one that comes up quite frequently with us. He will admit that he's a 'messy' person overall (we won't even talk about his closets just yet!)

Brandon only partially finishes most drinks in a bottle that he opens up. This includes all drinks in a bottle, such as water, energy drinks, Powerade/Gatorade, soda, etc.  He rarely drinks anything but water, so water bottles are the biggest culprit. Brandon doesn’t just not finish them; he also leaves them out DAILY wherever he may be….my house, his house, the car. So, at any given time, you can pretty much guarantee to find 4-6 water bottles in his car and/or house…anywhere from a third to a half full…sometimes a few more than that. See picture below from one Saturday morning, I thought it was time for a little clean-up…and a pic. Not only is this a total waste, it’s also very against my anal nature of having ‘junk’ picked up. I have turned into a bit of a clean freak for stuff like that (although this doesn’t include paperwork and mail…that gets piled up more than I like to admit!)

He does like to defend himself by saying that most of the time, the water bottles have been refilled and reused multiple times so he’s actually not wasting ‘good’ water. But whatever, that still doesn’t support his actions of rarely throwing them away! We gotta get this under control!


All of these laying around his house from his room, bathroom and living room...doesn't include the passenger/backseat of his car where there is always a ton more!! But, I dig him...so we'll slowly work on it! :)


4 comments:

Lisa said...

funny stuff! tell him Hayden has that problem too and i find it my duty to go around finishing them which is why i always get sick when one of the kids does.

M said...

I've been waiting to figure out what this picture was all about!

So funny!

I can't say that I can relate, but Michael can. ;)

Kathy said...

I just thought of a get rich quick idea. I'm starting a 'half bottles recovery' support group for Brandon, Hayden, Mica & my daughter! I still have to figure out the recovery steps but just wait, I will! Ladies, I will message you all about rates...

MOM said...

I wondered what that picture was about. I thought maybe he was just thirsty! Megan does that too. Drives me crazy. I usually pour what is left in the dog bowl. That way she can drink the backwash along with the water and I don't waste it. That's a good reason to get Brandon a puppy!!!