Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bragging Rights…

…well deserved bragging rights…if I do say so myself!

Remember that burr-rabbit cold race that Brandon and I ran last weekend…remember how I said we both ran faster than we expected to…even though it was SO.DANG.COLD?! Well he just looked up our ‘official’ race times and I must say I’m impressed! My time was 35th out of 522 people (top 7%) in my age group/female and I came in 491 out of 4212 total people in the 5k (top 12%). Brandon kicked my tail…but he did fantastic against everyone else as well! He came in 22nd out of 147 people (top 15%) in his age range/male and 174 out of 4212 in total (top 4%). Wow…go us!

Brandon says: Wow, look how great we did…and it was only our 1st race! Just think how fast we’ll get after a few more!

Kellie says: Wow, look how great we did…I can officially retire from racing, I’ve already hit my PBR (personal best record) and I’m good with that!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Great job but I'm with you on this one - retire!

Kathy said...

You are not allowed to complain again about how slow you are at running...ever. You rock.

M said...

Thank you, Kathy. I second that!

Good job! I'll run with you next time...unless you retire. No worries.