Meet the Parents
Brandon and I flew this past weekend to Indiana to officially meet the parents. A snowstorm hit the day before we were supposed to fly out there so we were going from 65 degree weather in Dallas to temps in the 20's...and on Sunday as we went to church, it was 7 degrees. Holy Cold!! But, it did make for very pretty landscapes and some fun activities!! I've never been sledding so they scrambled to pull together some warm clothes for me and we all took off to the hills behind the house to try it out! We all went down the hills for awhile until my fingers felt like they might freeze off, but it was so fun! I didn't take my camera on the trip but Brandon's mom took a few pics with her phone.
We also made some really cool snow angels...although it's really tough to see in this pic. And of course, Brandon had to throw me into a snow bank...how predictable are boys!?! :)
Overall, we had a fantastic time. We played Just Dance on the Wii...which was interesting to say the least but very fun! In scoring, I beat Brandon and let's face it, that's all that really matters! We took on his sister (Kasey) and her boyfriend (Phil) in a game of doubles ping pong...and we won (although I think it was more of a game of who could screw up less, me or Phil. Poor Kasey and Brandon had to make up for us!) We went to dinner, church, drove around the big town of Plymouth going through the highlights of the town...and I got to hear some fun stories of Brandon growing up. All in all, the trip was a success!! And, i think hope they approved of me!! I'm looking forward to their trip to Texas in March!
2 comments:
yay! I'm so glad the weekend was such a success!
They better approve. They couldn't find a better girl friend (daughter-in-law)for their sweet son!
Post a Comment