My mom has a few big ‘dreams’…one being skydiving. Check. Another being getting to see Kenny Chesney live in concert. She LOVES her some Kenny Chesney. She’s talked about coming up to Dallas for his concert for several years but has never worked out…bad timing, waiting too long to buy tix and it sold out, etc. She mentioned hearing on the radio a few months ago that he was coming to Dallas again in the Summer of 2012 and how badly she wanted to see him. Plus, he is touring with Tim McGraw…yummy!
Randomly, one day I got an email from the Dallas Cowboy fan club (who knew I was a member of that?!?) Anyway, it was a code to use during the special Cowboy fan pre-sale event. I knew this was going to be a tough Christmas. The minute I got the ‘pre-sale’ offer of tickets for this concert, I jumped on it. Well, after I saw the prices, I did have a ‘HOLY MOTHER moment’ BUT right after that, I bought the tix! It’s at the Cowboy Stadium which isn’t an ideal venue for a concert…so of course Brandon said I ‘had to’ get the lowest seats possible so that the sound was decent. $$$ Cha-ching! $$$
I was soooo excited. I couldn’t stand it. I got home for Christmas and as I knew it would be…it was tough with Granny’s condition. So, wanting to see the joy and excitement in my mom’s face without all the hustle and bustle of Christmas morning (and let’s face it, Megan ‘owns’ Christmas morning)…I couldn’t wait. I gave it to her a couple of days before Christmas. Don’t judge me…she needed it! It made her happy!! I love to see my momma happy! Betty, Kellie’s mom is one of the most amazing women I’ve ever known. She truly goes out of her way, in an annoying fashion sometimes, to make everyone else happy. She wears herself out trying to please everyone else, take care of everything at all times for everyone else….and rarely lets anyone do anything for her. So, when I find any opportunity to ‘surprise’ her, it’s worth every dollar it costs…every minute it takes…and every happy tear that’s shed.
Kenny Chesney. June 9, 2012. Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX. Check.
The right words...
5 months ago
1 comment:
I saw this blog and knew better than to read it today at work no less. This is the best present I could possibly get. I personally think you made the right decision to give it to me early! You are the most amazing daughter God ever made. I love you dearly. (Especially your expensive gifts! lol)
Post a Comment