This year's candlight service on Christmas Eve was tough. I've never been one to cry in church. I've teared up occasionally when something the pastor said hit home or a song I love was sung. In times of doubt or saddness, a song or a sermon will tug on one of my heartstrings and my emotions will be challenged but I've never had something hit me as hard as it did this year....nor as publicly. I felt like the candle burning in my hand was a tribute to my granny and the amazing blessing she has been in our lives. She is the glue that holds our family together. As we watch her lose the battle with cancer, we are all reminded how short our time on Earth is and how quickly it can be taken from us. I pray that her fight ends soon and she can be in a much better, safer, cleaner, happier place in Heaven.
This little light of mine,
I’m gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine.
I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.
I love you Granny!
2 comments:
She loves you too!
Oh Kellie, you just brought tears to my eyes. You have such a sweet heart. And your Granny loves you very much.
Post a Comment